Say Goodbye to past Designs
We have compiled a list from 1-10 of all the various trends you should avoid to help increase your equity, and prepare to sell your home at or above the asking price!
Updates are a crucial factor when making your home move-in ready for new buyers. Currently, fifty-two percent of buyers are Millenials 30 to 39 years old. Millennials are looking for freshly updated modern homes with modern features. It’s hard to always know what’s in and what’s out, so we’ve compiled a list for you just in case!
1. Wallpaper borders – Take them down and repaint them with fresh paint colors.
2. Tuscan kitchens – Are a no-go – Modernize your kitchens with white accents and modern lighting, counters, and cabinets.
3. Hollywood mirror lights – Gone are the days of Hollywood lighting. Find out what kind of lights would best suit the style of your home and update them! If in need of lighting options, give us a call!
4. Popcorn ceiling/stucco – Remove and replace with a freshly white painted ceiling.
5. Vertical blinds – No blinds are better than bad blinds. Keep it modern and up to date.
6. Floral everything – Remove all floral accents whether wallpaper, handles, switches. It can all go.
7. Don’t use window treatments – It will only date your home even more so!
8. Converted Garages – Keep your garage! People like to see covered parking!
9. Tile Countertops – Remove and replace with granite, butcher block, or a high-quality laminate.
10. Outdated appliances – Out with the old and in with the new whether it is a scratch and dent or brand new please don’t let your buyers have to deal with old appliances.
If you happen to find any of these in your current home, then we would highly suggest updating them before you go to sell. You will not believe how much of a difference it will make when you go to the stage and sell your home! We hope these suggestions give you the insight you need to get your home ready for the market! If your home is already market-ready, don’t forget to stage before listing!
Professional Staging is the key to selling your home fast and getting top dollar or above asking price!